The balance between the environment and nature on the one hand and the need for development and growth on the other is a challenge, but also gives opportunities.
NIRAS’ approach recognises that people, livelihoods and ecosystems, must all be taken into consideration for a successful management of natural resources and the environment.
We advocate a holistic approach that seeks to maximize synergies between economic, social and environmental objectives.
Together with the key stakeholders we analyse the often complex situations with dedication. We emphasize socially acceptable solutions and analysis of opportunities and alternatives.
This approach has earned NIRAS a reputation for delivering cost-efficient environmental advisory services of the highest quality that adhere to an agreed framework and criteria for public and private clients.
NIRAS has extensive experience in implementing major projects in the environmental sector and currently has more than 100 staff members with direct background in environmental management and planning.
We provide consultancy services in the following areas:
- Biodiversity Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Impact (EIA),
- Social Impact (SIA),
- Strategic Assessment (SEA)
- Environmental Information Systems
- Environmental Due Diligence (external and working environment, fulfillment of legal requirements etc.)
- Marine and Coastal Management
- Contaminated Soil and Water (experience in Scandinavia mainly)
- Waste Management (included as component in many of our international projects, core experience in especially Scandinavia)
- Mining and Non-Renewable Natural Resources (included as component in many of our international projects, core experience in especially Scandinavia)
- Environmental Economics including Cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA) and Cost-benefit analysis (CBA) (included as component in many of our international projects, core experience in especially Scandinavia)