External Review of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI), African Development Bank
NIRAS Indevelop is contracted by the African Development Bank, Water and Sanitation Department (OWAS) to undertake a review of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI) and the RWSSI Trust Fund as well to develop a new strategic plan for RWSSI for the years 2016-2020.
The review and the strategy development is being undertaken between April 2016- March 2017.
The NIRAS Indevelop review team consists of six senior evaluators and rural water supply and sanitation experts as well as NIRAS Indevelop in-house study director.
The methodology for the review include:
- Desk study of RWSSI documents
- Interviews with at least 50 selected key informants
- In-depth country reviews in Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Rwanda and Malawi
- Questionnaire survey issued to all AfDB country offices in RWSSI countries
- Interviews and back-to-back meetings in connection with international events
Total contract value is app. 282 000 EURO